Sunday, February 9, 2014

Some questions people have asked me...

Some people ask me what I eat. I really still eat what I want to eat but it's all about portion control and substitutions. That's a really big reason why I love weight watchers is because I can still enjoy foods I love and not feel deprived. I think when people are "dieting" and feel deprived then that's what causes a binge. I haven't had a "binge" of something since being on WW because of the fact that I let myself eat those foods but just control my portions.
The "mug cake" above is an example of portion control :)! I satisfied my craving for chocolate cake without eating a whole bunch. It's called 3-2-1 cake. You take a box of angel food cake and then a box of a flavor of your choice (this one was with chocolate) and mix them in a zip lock bag. You then take 3 tablespoons of the new cake mix and put 2 tablespoons of water and mix and then put in the microwave for 1 minute. Then voila! it's the perfect size to satisfy a craving!
This picture is of a taco salad with turkey burger and then the other is a turkey burger patty. I eat mostly turkey burger now instead of ground beef because it's healthier and less points. The picture in the right looks like i put sour cream on top but it's actually plain greek yogurt. I use that instead of sour cream and creams in general because it's healthier :)!
I absolutely love pasta! I do still eat noodles but I eat whole wheat instead of white. I usually substitute spaghetti squash for noodles now though :)! I LOVE spaghetti squash! Just put whatever on top you would with pasta! You not only get a serving of vegetables in but it's A LOT less carbs :)! Oh and did I mention spaghetti squash is 0 points :)




No comments:

Post a Comment